It takes strategic planning for a commercial move and it can make all the difference between it being a hectic relocation with costly downtime or a smooth transition with hardly any unnecessary lost operation hours. If you or your company is planning to move offices in Bucks County or relocate your business, then you’ll want to take note of these tips!
- Hire commercial movers who specialize in logistics and who have experience, resources, and the manpower to make your relocation and efficient one.
- Make sure the company that you hire is legitimate and has insurance. Upon request they should be able to email you a copy of it.
- Schedule the move so that coordinates between the building you’re moving out of and the building you’re moving into. Most often, buildings won’t allow a move during normal business hours so moves have to take place during the weekend.
- Plan your move as early as possible and a good rule of thumb is to schedule it six months in advance. This gives your moving company time to plan as well as it gives both building owners plenty of time to be prepared for your move.
- Check with the building about requirements like the amount of time you can park at the loading dock, the amount of protective resources needed to cover the floors and reserve the elevators in advance.
- Make sure to talk to your employees as far in advance as possible to keep them informed about the move. It’s a good idea to check with state law in regard to the amount of time a company has to give notice to their employees.
- Simply create announcements about the move or hold meetings to brief your employees with as much detail about the move as you possibly can.
- Find out from the building manager or owner whether or not the AC or heat will be on during the weekend because buildings tend to shut off the HVAC to save money.
- Give employees time before the move to pack their own things from their desks and any other materials that have not been packed yet. Have them take personal possessions with them.
- Inquire with your moving company about needing assistance with IT disconnect and reconnect services. If you’re moving IT equipment, then make sure that it is unloaded first so the IT team can immediately work on getting the network and phones set up.
To have all of your commercial moving and the logistics involved taken care of, call Hughes Custom logistics at (888) 253-3272. We’re a professional moving and logistics company with over 125 years of experience in the industry. Let us show you how custom logistics can change your business!